Sunday, December 21

Barbara Cook=Magic

Well, the title about sums it up. I finally managed to get my hot little hands on Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder today, and it pretty much blew my mind. I expect I'll be more coherent on the subject after I've relistened to it a few times (and will, ideally, post again with favourite tracks and such), but in the meantime I'm just totally bedazzled. She has such a warm, expressive, beautiful voice, and is still incredibly sound technically, neither of which is a mean feat at her age. And, of course, she's a genius with song selection.

She truly is a living legend. She should get a theatre named after her when she dies. Or even before.

1 comment:

Kevin Daly said...

A superlative performer - and this latest recording is nothing short of perfection.

I go on record to say that Barbara is LOOONG overdue for the Kennedy Center Honor.