Thursday, December 11

Opportunity knocks!

So, it's looking like I'm going to get to be an assistant stage manager on a January production of [i]Arsenic and Old Lace[/i] at the CentreStage theatre company in Kentville, quite close to where I live. Needless to say, I'm too excited for words. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated, and yes, I actually mean it.

In other, unrelated news, three items:

I sang "Send In The Clowns" for a recital for the students of my vocal teacher, and was profusely complimented.

I performed a monologue for my drama class, and, sadly, floundered.

Today's my birthday! I have obtained no fewer than11 plays! [i]To wit:[/i] Shaw's [i]Plays Pleasant[/i], [i]Plays Unpleasant[/i] (four and three plays respectively) and [i]Major Barbara[/i], Ibsen's [i]Hedda Gabler[/i], [i]She Stoops To Conquer[/i] (the author has slipped my mind at the moment), and [i]The Importance of Being Earnest[/i]. I'll have opinions once I've, y'know, read them.

EDIT: The coding on this is not what I'm used to, and due to my staggering sloth, I'm not about to go back and tweak each of those tags individually. You'll have to imagine that anything in [i][/i] is in italics, yes?

3 comments:

Esther said...

Hey Dorian,
A belated happy birthday and congrats on your recital! And that's terrific about Arsenic & Old Lace. Sounds like it'll be a great learning experience and lots of fun. I definitely want to hear how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Hint: for the italics, use < > instead of [ ]. The former are for HTML codes, which seems to be almost universal for blogs, while the latter are used for BB code, which is more commonly found on forums.

[/dorky ramble]

Kevin Daly said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Good to see you back writing again!!!