Wednesday, December 31

Dressing the Dead

For Arsenic, that is. On Monday I got to make a dummy, who plays two distinct dead bodies. The official stage manager and I have to switch his costume in about half a page of dialogue, actually. It's strange that the only quick-change in our show belongs to a corpse.

He was made by putting a fat suit and blankets into a pair of coveralls, then pinning a wig-head to the top. Surprisingly simple, honestly. I'm enjoying the job very much. We open in a little more than a week (next thursday), and as we approach that deadline, the pace increases, which suits me fine.

2 comments:

Katie Ganem said...

I had to make a dead body too for a night of one acts at my school. Now one of the techies likes to put it in random places in the theatre to freak out the drama teacher.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.