Wednesday, August 13

Some reading...

So, yesterday I bought the script to August: Osage County. It was, in a word, terrific. In both senses. I don't trust my feeble ability to string a sentence together with expressing how this play made me feel, so I'll just say that I'm looking forward tremendously to seeing it (hopefully, this fall).

Today I will be going to Avenue Q. Cabaret, unfortunately, did not work out. Someday, when I can drive, I will be able to get to these things, but for now I have to rely on public transportation, which is, in a word, unreliable. Following the show, I will attempt to write a review (my first. So be kind, when I post it), then curl up in bed with one of my other two new books, either the libretto for Grey Gardens (a show I WISH I could still see)or From Assassins to West Side Story: The Director's Guide to Musical Theatre, by Scott Miller, which I flipped through in the store and seems very interesting. Fun times!

1 comment:

Esther said...

I hope you get to see "August: Osage County." It'll be interesting to see how the characters on stage resemble the way you imagined them from reading the play.

And good luck with your first review. I was a little nervous when I began posting mine. But it'll be great. Everyone comes at things from a different perspective, has different likes and dislikes. That's part of the fun! I enjoy reading them all.