Thursday, October 2

It's the Little Things...

Not much of note to report, but some tidbits.

-Started vocal lessons! My teacher is fabulous. Her name is Susan Dworkin [any relation to Andrea? I do not yet know)

-Saw two things in my school's performance centre this week. One was an environmentalist piece of theatre, sort of an audience-interaction thing, by a group named Otesha. It was a train wreck, but they had a good message, and obviously for the most part weren't theatre people, so I forgive them.

-The other was a presentation by our local electoral candidates for Canada's four parties (Conservative, Liberal, New Democratic Party, and Green). It was very interesting. I'll write more on that soon, but right now I haven't the time. Suffice to say, if I could vote, it would be for Carol Harris, the NDP candidate.

-My drama class has broken into small groups to create "mini-musicals". Again, think train wrecks, but this one should be fabulously entertaining. I've convinced my group to give my character "Gimme Love" from Kiss of the Spider Woman to sing. I'm going to rock it. I've also sort of ended up our de facto director/stage manager, which is interesting and kind of fun.

No comments: